What to Do if You’ve Been Served with Hawaii Divorce Papers

aloha-tower-jenny-hudsonIf you have been served with a Hawaii Complaint for Divorce or other court papers, you must act immediately to protect your rights.  Depending on the kind of court papers that were served on you, you have as few as 20 days to file a legal response.  If you fail to file a response before the filing deadline, the Family Court may enter a “default judgment” against you, granting your spouse everything he or she asks for regarding child custody, child support, spousal support, property division, etc.  Call our Honolulu divorce lawyers immediately if you have been served with court papers of any kind.

Call today to make an appointment to meet with one of our Honolulu family and divorce lawyers.

Click on the links below to learn more about the Hawaii family law.

01. Hawaii Family Law
02. If You are “Served” 
03. Legal Effect of Hawaii Divorce
04. Residency Requirements
05. Grounds for Hawaii Divorce
06. Hawaii Child Custody/Support
07. Hawaii Spousal Support
08. Property Division
09. Hawaii Paternity